Anna's work in Parliament


My work as your Member of Parliament is divided between Westminster – questioning ministers, raising issues in the House of Commons and scrutinising laws – and locally in the constituency office in Redcar where most of my staff are based to make sure we’re available to handle casework and enquiries raised by residents.

There are several things I can do for you as your Member of Parliament in Westminster:

*Ask questions to ministers and speak in debates on key issues concerning you -  as well as scrutinising and voting on legislation going through Parliament
*Sign Early Day Motions on issues you care about – these are a bit like a petition signed by MPs and are submitted for debate in the House of Commons
*Arrange tours of Parliament for residents and local groups

As well as my work in Westminster, I am out and about every week – knocking on doors, attending community events and holding regular advice surgeries - helping out people with their individual problems wherever I can.

Please get in touch if you want to raise any local, national or international issues with me or if you would like my support on any campaigns you are involved with. I will do my very best to help.  

Can you help me even if I do not live in your constituency?

There is a strict parliamentary protocol which dictates that MPs may only represent their constituents. You should contact your own MP if you do not live in the Redcar constituency. Find out who your MP is here


You can find information about the parliamentary allowances I receive and expenditure I make during my term as your Member of Parliament here:

The information is released in batches every two months by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority, three months in arrears. Annual totals for each MP are published in September each year.